Over US$40 billion in value is locked up in aging and under-utilised properties across Asia Pacific.
The real estate world has changed. Landlords are experiencing rising vacancy rates and decreasing rental rates as user behaviours and preferences evolve faster than ever before. At the extreme, older buildings that fail to meet expectations of the modern tenant risk asset obsolescence.
Now's the time for investors to deploy capital into upgrading and repositioning existing assets.
We want to help you improve the performance of your assets, reduce operating costs and ultimately increase revenue. Read on or contact us to find out how you can unlock value in real estate.
Why should you enhance your aging assets?
How can asset enhancement help you?
We can help you breathe new life into a mall or create an office that employees want to return to. Our data-led approach will help you define the optimal building upgrade strategy to retain tenants and identify additional revenue opportunities.
Get insights on enhancing value in aging real estate
A holistic approach so you can make faster and smarter decisions
We help our clients estimate qualitatively and quantitively, and work closely with our global research teams to look at future demand and value drivers.
- We evaluate the performance of the existing building across a range of factors to create a baseline
- We compare the baseline performance with existing competitor buildings, new buildings and market demand to identify and quantify the performance gaps
- We model the potential upside in financial performance that come from closing these gaps
Our tailored solution considers every angle to close the gaps and deliver the best return on investment.
- We evaluate and benchmark the performance of your asset, and then compare it with existing (and future) market leading buildings
- We undertake a gap analysis and through a process of financial modelling, sensitivity analysis and scenario planning, we arrive at the solution that best meets your aspirations for the asset
- Solutions can range from light touch refurbishments to more extensive upgrades (amenities, sustainability, technology, operational performance), repositioning (new brand, placemaking, tenant mix) and repurposing (partial or complete change of use) and even redevelopment
- We prepare an appropriate phasing plan, and procure and implement the works efficiently to avoid disturbance to existing tenants
- We then help our clients to market the enhanced building and maximise improved leasing opportunities
- We also help our clients with operations and maintenance to enhance the entire tenant experience
Finally, we help our clients to sell the asset for capital gain, or hold the asset for increased and sustainable rental income.
Uniquely positioned to deliver
Our solution is unique for three reasons
Strategies informed by deep understanding of future demand
We have a team of 480+ global specialists in cross-market dynamics producing unique insights into current and future real estate trends. Our strategies are user-centric, geographically relevant and futureproofed.
Questions we are frequently asked
With our extensive coverage throughout the Asia-Pacific region, we are able to implement our asset enhancement solution, either locally, from one of our 42 offices in the region, or on a visiting basis.
Yes, our research, metrics and market data can be leveraged to guide design teams on features, amenities, and performance standards that will enable a new build to compete with other buildings and potentially achieve a market leading / futureproofed position resulting in superior and sustainable value.